Last Updated: July 18, 2020
If you have any questions, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsbolts provides curated headlines with links to other news outlets about current events worldwide. We operate a website. We provide information to the public and digital advertising space to our media buyers who are advertisers and other ad partners looking to distribute relevant ad content on our Digital Properties. We display relevant online advertising to end users who interact with our Digital Properties.
Newsbolts also collects information from individuals when they visit, use, or interact with: (i) www.newsbolts.com.
SECTION 2 – THINGS WE PROMISE NOT TO DO
This Section covers the specific things that we promise not do to that you might be concerned about.
- We do not collect your email address, name, or telephone number(s) in order to use our web site.
- We do not collect your email address, name, or telephone number(s) when you interacts with news messages, unless you choose to include that information in the free form text field. Only your IP address is collected in order to limit abuse of the website
- We do not send marketing or sales emails to you.
SECTION 3 – PRIVACY FOR NEWSBOLTS PROPERTIES
This Section describes how we collect and use information when visitors interact with or use any of the Newsbolts.
3.1 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information that individuals provide voluntarily
The personal information we collect may include contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, or email address) and contact preferences. It may also include professional information, such as job title, department or job role, and the nature of an individual’s request or communication. We may also collect information that visitors choose to provide to us when completing any ‘free text’ boxes in our forms. Please do not post any information that you do not want to reveal to the public at large. We do not collect any personal information from our news tips form, except the End User IP address which is only used to prevent abuse of the form.
Information we or our third-party partners collect automatically
When using Newsbolts, we may automatically collect certain information from an individual’s device. In some countries, including countries in the EU, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include IP address, operating system type and version, browser type and version, cookie ID, an individual’s activities on Newsbolts, and other information about the individual’s system and connection and how the individual interacts with Newsbolts.
3.2 HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use information collected from Newsbolts for the following purposes:
- To send administrative information. For example, to send information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To select content and improve quality. We may use information to help improve Newsbolts and to ensure that content on Newsbolts is presented in the most effective manner for your device.
- For legal purposes. We may use information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with subpoenas, warrants, or other legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- For our business purposes. We may use information for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing, and client relationships.
3.3 COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
3.4 USE OF NEWSBOLTS BY MINORS
The Drudge Report Properties are not intended for nor directed to individuals that are deemed to be children under applicable data protection or privacy laws, and we request that such individuals do not provide information through Newsbolts.
SECTION 4 – GENERAL INFORMATION
4.1 HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
Information we collect may be disclosed:
- To our affiliates: We may disclose your information to our affiliates for the purposes described in this Policy. Newsbolts, is the party responsible for the management of your personal information jointly used by it and its affiliates.
- Media Buyers: If you are an End User, we may share information we collect Media Buyer Clients for purposes relevant to our business relationships with them, such as for billing purposes, dispute resolution, or fraud prevention and to allow them to make decisions regarding buying advertising inventory on our Digital Properties and other websites and applications, and to analyze the effectiveness and performance of their advertising campaigns via our services, including sharing your device’s physical location to enable our Media Buyer Clients to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Other Clients: If you are an End User, we may share certain information we collect in connection with our Ad Services with brands, agencies and other interested third parties to help them better identify and validate commercial opportunities, promote transparency and protect against fraud.
- Website advertising partners: As noted above, we may partner with certain third parties to collect information on Newsbolts to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting, as well as to deliver advertising that we believe may interest you based on your activity on Newsbolts and other websites over time. We may share information with them for this purpose.
- For legal purposes: We may share your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with subpoenas, warrants, or other legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us
We do not send marketing-related emails to anyone. Therefore it is not necesary to opt out of receiving any marketing-related emails from us, because that will not happen. If you receive marketing related emails claiming to be from Newsbolts, they are fraudulent.
4.3 YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to request access to or that we change, update, or delete your personal information at any time.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- The right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may also have the following rights:
- The right to object to processing of your personal information, restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. To exercise these rights email email@example.com.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are here.
Please note that because most of the information we store can only identify a particular browser or device, and cannot directly identify you personally, you may need to provide us with some additional information to enable us to identify the personal information we hold about you and ensure that we accurately fulfill your request and do not infringe on the privacy rights of other individuals.You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us. We will respond to your request in accordance with our obligations under applicable privacy laws.
4.4 THIRD PARTIES
This Policy does not address, and except as otherwise described in this Policy, we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including our vendors or any other third party operating any site or service to which the Ad Services or Newsbolts link. The inclusion of a link through the Ad Services or Online Property does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Twitter or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Ad Services or Newsbolts
4.5 HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We use reasonable organizational, technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we collect and process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information and to help ensure that your data is safe and secure. However, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.